Please read the terms of this policy carefully before using this website.
This policy was last updated on: 13/11/2018
This privacy notice covers data collected and processed by RiskSTOP Group (RSG) as data controller (DC) for the following categories of data subject:
1. Individual suppliers or prospective individual suppliers (RSG DC for pre and post contract data);
2. Individuals who work for/represent corporate suppliers or prospective corporate suppliers (RSG DC for pre contract data also used post contract);
3. Individual homeowner/lawful occupier/leaseholder (RSG DC for pre and post contract data) or prospective home homeowner/leaseholder (RSG DC for pre contract data);
4. Individual commercial property owners/insurance brokers/property managing agents (RSG DC for pre contract data also used post contract) or prospective individual commercial property owners/insurance brokers/property managing agents (RSG DC for pre contract data);
5. Individuals who work for/represent corporate commercial property owners/insurance brokers/property managing agents (RSG DC for pre contract data also used post contract) or prospective corporate commercial property owners/insurance brokers/property managing agents (RSG DC for pre contract data);
6. Individuals who work for/represent insurers or underwriters (RSG DC for pre contract data also used post contract);
7. Website users
We take your privacy very seriously. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (our Website) (regardless of where you visit from) and when you correspond with us by telephone, email or otherwise. It tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how RiskSTOP Group Limited collects and processes your personal data through the use of our Website, including any data you may provide through our Website when you make an online enquiry or sign up for our newsletter and when you correspond with us by telephone, email or otherwise.
Our Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Who we are
RiskSTOP Group Limited (we, us, our) is a data controller for the purposes of your personal data. This means that we determine the purpose and means of the processing of your personal data. You will find our contact details at the end of this privacy notice (see below: “How to contact us”).
You will find our contact details at the end of this privacy notice (see below: “How to contact us”).
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
We collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. Depending on our relationship with you, this may include:
· Full name;
· Job title;
· Business name;
· Name of your employer or the organisation you represent;
· Email address;
· Telephone numbers (mobile and landline);
· Information to enable us to undertake credit or other financial checks on you;
· Your billing information, transaction and payment card information;
· Technical information from when you visit our Website, including your browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Website;
· Profile information, including any username or password, and purchases or orders made by you and your preferences;
· Information about how you use our Website;
· Information about your property including sums insured value and construction information;
· Information about the type of organisation you are i.e. hotel, office building, etc. and trading activities;
· Insurance information with respect to current sums insured and any additional renewal information with regards to your insurance policy;
· Marketing and communications information, including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences; and
· Information that you volunteer to us when you make an online enquiry or sign up for our newsletter and when you correspond with us by telephone, email or otherwise.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data, such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate the data about how you use our Website to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
If you do not provide personal data
For individual customers or suppliers, where we need to collect personal data to enter into a contract with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to enter the contract with you. This data may include full name, address, postcode, property details, contact information. For individual customers, if you thereafter do not provide the personal data we ask for which may include full name, address, postcode, property details, contact information, this may delay or prevent us from providing our products or services to you.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
Depending on the circumstances, we use different methods to collect personal data from and about you including:
· Directly from you. You may give us your personal data when you make an online enquiry or sign up for our newsletter via our Website or by corresponding with us by email, telephone or otherwise.
· Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. Please see our cookies policy for further details.
· Other sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
· Technical data from the following parties:
o advertising networks; and
o search information providers.
· Contact, financial and transaction data from providers of technical and payment and delivery services;
· Credit reference agencies;
· From publicly accessible sources e.g. Companies House;
· From your broker;
HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal data if we have a proper reason for doing so, for example:
· to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
· for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
· for our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
· where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we or a third party have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
The table below explains what we use your personal data for and our lawful basis for doing so. This will depend on our relationship with you.
Where we rely on consent as a lawful basis to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To do this, please telephone, email or write to us (see below: “How to contact us”).
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We may use your personal data to send you periodic communications by email, post about news updates, promotional offers, new services and reminders in respect of the services.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data for marketing purposes. This means we do not usually need your consent to send you information about news updates, promotional offers, new services and reminders in respect of the services. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
We will always treat your personal data with the utmost respect and never sell or share it with other organisations for marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by:
• emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
• writing to us at Rebuild Cost Assessment Limited, 1st Floor, Mey House, Bridport Road, Poundbury, Dorchester, Dorset DT1 3QY; or
• using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our emails
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
Third party marketing
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any other company for marketing purposes.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
Depending on the circumstances, we may share your personal data with:
• Companies within our group of companies;
• External service providers we use to help run our business e.g. website hosting provider, email service provider, marketing service provider, IT providers, document management providers, banks, payment card providers and postal service providers;
• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, loss adjusters, insurers, auditors, technical consultants and experts;
• Advertisers and advertising networks to send you marketing communications;
We will only appoint service providers as data processors if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal data and we will also impose contractual obligations to ensure they can only use your personal data to provide services to us.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal obligations.
We may also need to share some personal data with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. Usually, information will be anonymised but this may not always be possible.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Data protection law gives you certain rights, which you can exercise free of charge. Your rights will differ depending on our lawful basis for processing your data:
We do not use personal data for automated decision making.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us or see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email or write to us (see below: “How to contact us”) and let us have enough information to identify you e.g. your full name and address as well as what right you want to exercise and the personal data to which your request relates.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including;
to respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
to show that we treated you fairly; and
to keep records required by law to comply with our legal obligations.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal data.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
We have put in place reasonable and appropriate security measures to endeavour to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed unlawfully. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Our Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies. When you leave our Website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of your personal data. If you want to complain about how we have used your personal data, please email or write to us (see below: “How to contact us”). However, if we are not able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can complain to the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Further information about how to make a complaint to the ICO can be found on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the European Union state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE
This version was last updated in January 04th 2019.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time and when we do so, we will inform you via our Website. If any changes are likely to have an adverse impact on your rights under data protection law, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of the changes in advance by email or by alternative means.
CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Please let us know if you change your name, address or any other personal detail (see below: “How to contact us”).
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any queries about this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, you can contact us by email or post as follows:
RiskSTOP Group Limited
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example large print) please contact us (see above: “How to contact us”).