Last updated: 16th July 2021
Trainee Surveyor required for Rebuild Assessments and Risk Management Site Surveys with Rebuild Cost Assessment Ltd, Trading as: RebuildCostASSESSMENT.com (part of the RiskSTOP Group)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Trainee Surveyor to join our rapidly expanding team, based at our head office in Poundbury, Dorset.
Successful candidates will be working alongside a team of Assessors and Surveyors, compiling rebuild cost assessment reports, for insurers, brokers and policyholders. You will be making contact with the owners/policyholders of properties and compiling rebuild and risk management reports to ensure they are correctly insured, as well as assessing the costs of unusual or bespoke structures. These will be a combination of remote and on-site surveys with a company pool car provided when necessary.
You will be:
Recently graduated with, or working towards, a construction or built environment degree, HNC or HND.
Interested in and have an understanding of buildings, construction types, costs, perils and risk areas around commercial and residential (including high net worth) property.
Some experience of construction cost databases and early stage cost estimating is desirable.
A great communicator with good IT and problem-solving skills
Enthusiastic and looking to learn and keen to expand your knowledge and skillset
We will provide:
Training and ongoing mentoring, including assistance with professional accreditation
A competitive salary
An Auto Enrolment pension
A generous rewards package that includes free eye tests, discounted shopping & gym memberships, an employee assistance programme, holiday trading and much more
A fantastic place to work
The successful candidate will be required to work from our Covid secure office for at least the first month, and then consideration will be given to splitting the working week between our office and the candidates home.
If you would like to be part of a dynamic, growing, friendly and forward-thinking company that puts it’s people first, get in touch today by uploading your CV using the Apply Now button below or email email@example.com. All discussions are treated in the strictest of confidence.
Interviews will be offered via Microsoft Teams or face to face in our Covid secure office at Poundbury.
As part of our continued investment in risk management we are seeking Risk Consultants in the North East and we are particularly interested in hearing from those located in or around the Leeds, Barnsley, York and Hull areas. This exciting opportunity is aimed at multi discipline Consultants who have a good understanding of fire & perils, property, business interruption, crime & security & liability, with CAR and sprinklers seen as an added benefit.
Consideration would be given to a property focused Consultant who is looking to develop their skills into a multi discipline environment.
A big reason for our success is our brilliant team of Risk Consultants, they are qualified, knowledgeable and they have a genuine passion for risk management. If this sounds like you, or something you would like to develop into we would love to hear from you.
• A minimum of 5 years risk management experience for either an Insurer, Broker or Underwriter
• A good understanding of process risks and the associated risk management solutions needed for them. Experience in applying this knowledge in an industrial setting would be beneficial, or the ability and want to learn in this area.
• Knowledge of fire protection standards would be beneficial
• High levels of self-motivation with a real passion for the role
• Great IT and keyboard skills with the ability to be able to learn inhouse systems swiftly
• Outstanding communications skills with the ability to negotiate and gain trust
• The ability to adapt to your surroundings
• The ability to quickly identify and analyse critical details
• The ability to convey your findings in a concise manner
• Evidence of having worked for an insurance company, Broker or Underwriter previously
• A full UK driving licence
The successful candidate will be home based, so must be self-driven, and will be expected to produce relevant risk management reports on behalf of our customers after attending site to carry out surveys. Due to our client base, the site visits will be wide ranging across the full spectrum of commercial and industrial risks and the reporting formats will vary. Working for an out-sourcing company ensures that you’ll get to use your skill set on a wide range of occupancies due to our customer base.
This post requires you to have access to sensitive information and will be subject to a Basic Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This permanent position offers:
• Salary dependent upon experience
• Brilliant training and development opportunities
• A fantastic company pension
• A generous life assurance policy
• A company car or car allowance
• Mobile phone and home office equipment
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• A generous rewards package that includes free eye tests, discounted shopping & gym memberships, an employee assistance programme, holiday trading and much more
If you would like to be part of a dynamic, growing, friendly and forward-thinking company that puts it’s people first, get in by uploading your CV using the Apply Now button below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All discussions are treated in the strictest of confidence.